Cadiz Sailing Expedition
The tuna route
If you’ve ever dreamt of weaving your way into history sailing grounds and sail the Golf of Cadiz and land one of the most ancient cities in Europe, then you will love our Sailing Expedition to Cadiz and Rota>>.
Incredibly unique, inspiring and unlike anywhere else you will ever get to sail, this land is full of history, good food magical landscapes. See the historic heritage at its most beautiful, unique arquitecture and be part of what is a true adventure.
Cadiz Sailing Expedition is a good entry level if you are looking for your first “serious” navigation step. But a International Crew level>> will be desirable (not mandatory) do enrol for this expedition.
Sailing Expedition to Cadiz gives you the change to sail for 5 days the Gulf of Cadiz and landfall in Chipiona, Rota and/or Cadiz. The shallows on our arrival are populated by the famous yellow fin tuna and other species of tuna. Maybe we are lucky and catch one for dinner (if no vegans onboard).
- meals onboard
- filtered water
- sleeping bag
- marina fees
- insurance while you are onboard
- meals ashore
- alcoholic drinks (not allowed underway)
- insurance while you are ashore
Max crew onboard during this Expedition: 3 + skipper
Departure/Return LocationFaro | Olhão
Dress CodeSailing Offshore
IncludedHistoric HeritageNight SailingTidal
Not IncludedHeavy TrafficNature Expedition
- Check in and shopping fresh products in the local market
- Safety briefing
- Passage planing / checking weather
- Passage to Vila Real St Antonio or Rota
- Passage to Rota or Cadiz / explore ashore
- Passage to El Rompido or Vila Real St António to pick up the prevalent night northerly winds - land breeze
- Sail back to Faro
- Arrival to Faro at lunch time / after lunch
- Packing, clean the boat
- Check out until 16:30
Unforgettable night passage
I wont forget cruising at night the Gulf of Cadiz and spot a couple dolphins playing around the boat. It was during my watch on a amazing night with full moon. This picture will be forever im my memory. Now I feel Im also an Atlantic Explorer. Carlo Ashley
- Check the calendar>> and choose your Sailing Expedition
- Email us to check the availability
- Read “What to expect>>” and “Terms and conditions>>“
- Fill up Booking form>>
- Pay the 155€ booking fee (any bank fees of taxes must be added to the payment) using our bank information here>>
- Send us the proof of payment
- Please read carefully the recommended documents and if you like we can arrange a Zoom video call so you can ask everything you like.